TELETRADER News
9/15/2023, 4:01 AM (Source: TeleTrader)
more TeleTrader news

Chinese retail sales jump by 4.6% in August

Retail trade in China climbed by 4.6% on a yearly basis in August, the country's Bureau of Statistics revealed in a report on Friday, surpassing analysts' expectations.

On a monthly basis, turnover in retail sales in China advanced by 0.3%.

Retail sales of goods were up 3.7% year-on-year in the reported month, while catering jumped 12.4%. In the first eight months, the total retail sales of consumer goods jumped 7% compared to the same period in 2022, while services soared by 19.4%.

Baha Breaking News (BBN) / AB