TELETRADER News
1/6, 8:06 AM (Source: TeleTrader)
more TeleTrader news

Warnock beats Loeffler to win Georgia Senate seat

Democratic Senate nominee Raphael Warnock secured the 49th Senate seat for the Democrats as he defeated GOP Senator from Georgia Kelly Loeffler in the state's 2020 Senate race, NBC News and Associated Press said on Wednesday.

With 98% of ballots counted, Warnock secured 50.5% of the vote, leaving Loeffler behind with 49.5% support. "Tonight we proved that with hope, hard works and the people by our side, anything is possible," Warnock said, speaking via his YouTube channel.

Meanwhile, the race for another Senate seat in Georgia remained too close to call, according to major networks in the United States. Democratic candidate Jon Ossoff is currently holding a slight edge over Republican Party's David Perdue after 98% of the vote was processed with a 50.1%, while Perdue secured 49.9% of the vote. The majority in the upper chamber of the US Congress is up for grabs as the Democrats could get it back for the first time since 2015 if Ossoff wins the election in Georgia.

Breaking the News / GA